Drake’s new album vs Kanye’s new album

Kanye West(left) and Drake(right)

Kanye West(left) and Drake(right)

Izaiah Correa, Staff Writer

Recently, popular rappers Drake and Kanye each released a new album and the hype for both of these albums was insane because both of these artists haven’t released music in a long time. 

When the Kanye album “Donda” was released on August 29, 2021 everyone listened to it right away. Three days after Kayne released his album, Drake dropped his new album “Certified Lover Boy” on September 3, 2021. 

Students had mixed feelings about the Drake album. Sophomore Jack Bauer was excited when both the Kanye and Drake albums were released. “I liked Drake’s album way more than Kanye’s. It was definitely one of his best albums and I loved it,” he said. 

“The Drake album had some good songs but it was definitely not his best album,” junior Matthew Miksic said.

Because the Kanye album took so long to come out many lost interests like senior Colin Schuster. “The Kanye album was terrible. Originally I was excited for Kanye’s album to come out, but then It took too long to release, and eventually, when It did I lost excitement for it.” he said.

Senior Lance Caballero loved the Kanye album so much and was extremely excited when it came out. “ The Kanye album is total heat. This is one of his best albums and all of the songs on the album are amazing,” he said. 

Caballero was a little worried that the Kanye album was not going to reach the hype but after he listened to the album he was very satisfied. “The Kanye album totally reached the hype, it was even better than I expected,” he said.

Although Bauer liked the Drake album more than the Kanye album he enjoyed songs from “Donda” like “Praise God” and “Hurricane.” “Kanye’s album was really good. It got a little long for me but other than that it was a really good album,” he said.

Junior Ben Perleberg enjoyed the Drake album more than the Kanye album. “I literally lost sleep waiting for Certified Lover Boy to drop and I was pretty impressed with how well it lived up to my expectations,” he said.

Junior Jake Gajewski liked both of the albums but preferred Drake’s album. “The Drake album has ‘Knife Talk’ and ‘IMY2’ which are the best songs on it,” he said. “In the moment they reached the hype but they are nowhere near the hyped they deserved after you listened to the music more.”