Packers’ Season Ends: Is it the end of an era?

AJ Randolph, Staff Writer

The Packer season ended with a lot of action and a shocking conclusion. At one point, the team was 4-8, and many thought they would give up on the season and go for better draft picks, but they then won four straight and in the last game of the season they had a chance to make the playoffs as the 7th seed. 

All they needed was to beat the Detroit Lions Jan. 8 however, many mistakes were made in the game and they lost 20-16. One particularly costly penalty came when linebacker Quay Walker pushed an athletic trainer out of his way in the middle of the game while one of the Lions’ players was down, resulting in a 10-yard penalty. 

Many people thought this was unnecessary and that he didn’t have to do that.“He needs to be smarter on the field. He has so much potential,” junior Jacob Sellhausen said. 

In addition the offense was failing to get into the endzone like they always have the whole year. “I was disappointed. I thought we were going to win,” sophomore Trevor Picago said. 

With the season ending like this, many people wonder how this offseason will go. The last time they were in the same position, fans thought they would want to draft the missing pieces that they lack, but they did the complete opposite, and now people are wondering what will happen this year. 

“I think we need to draft a receiver so Aaron Rodgers has more weapons to throw to,” freshman Ahmad Qasem stated. 

Other people had different thoughts about what the Packers should do with the offseason.“I think we need a better quarterback. I don’t think Aaron Rodgers will be returning to the Packers,” sophomore Devin Isaj said.

This also brings another question many want to know. Will Aaron Rodgers return to the Packers for the 2023-2024 season? Many say he will return or he might retire. He might trade to a different team to a team that will give him the best chance to win a superbowl. 

“Aaron Rodgers will leave, He is sick of the Packers and wants to get more success than he has had with them,” junior Jacob Sellhausen said. 

While everyone is questioning what Rodgers will do, many have forgotten about rising stars that the Packers drafted last year. Wide Receiver Christian Watson was the 34th overall pick and had a huge impact on the Packers offense. He had a big outing against the Dallas Cowboys with 3 touchdowns and over 100 yards receiving. 

“He has so much potential and is becoming a rising star for the Packers,” Picago said.

It will be interesting to see what will happens over the off-season for the Green Bay Packers as well as Rodgers.