Students Contemplate Future Plans

Isaiah Ramirez, Staff Writer

Time is moving fast and opportunities are popping up for students. In Advisory students are taught how to plan for the future and what it takes to make that happen. Growing up is not something that every teen  likes, but they don’t have a choice. 

High School students have very little time to figure out what they want to be, or do when they grow up. I plan on going into the music industry. Musical Theatre is my dream and I couldn’t see myself not performing and I want to continue to pursue my dreams,” junior Bryn Richards said. 

Having goals and plans are the best to start when you are younger because things change a lot like interest and thoughts. You could think you want to do something but then you see what it takes and you would completely change your mind. “To continue in theater you have to get a BFA, and get as many auditions, and exposure as possible,” Richards said. 

Some people have other goals such as making an impact on bigger things like inequality and things of that nature. “I’m planning on marketing and Managing a pro sports team because there needs to be more females in the sports industry and I feel that I have the qualifications and am smart enough to do it,” senior Olivia Riester said. 

Aswell as having goals comes with sacrifices, such as giving up friendships and even moving to other states. “I do not plan on staying in Wisconsin. I want to move to New York because that’s where the most opportunities are and I feel like I can pursue my dreams easier.” junior Ashlee Fronek said. 

Time is ticking faster than teens think  and they have to start figuring out what you want to do when they get older. It’s not what you want to do, but better now than later.