Happy Death Day is a hit at the box office

Will Brust, Staff Writer

The new movie Happy Death Day has turned out to be a hit so far. In just the first day it made $26.5 million, and it’s not hard to tell why.

The movie has a very unique plot, which is the main reason the movie has been a huge success so far.

The story focuses on a college girl who wakes up on her birthday and gets killed by a mysterious person. Every time she gets killed, she wakes up again, reliving her birthday and the same exact moments happen over and over, until she can figure out who is killing her and why.

Happy Death Day’s lead role actress Jessica Rothe  says it was a blast to play her role in the movie.

“It was such an incredible part to play with,” Rothe said in an article. “When I first read the script I knew it was going to be an incredible experience, and I’m so proud of all the work the whole cast put into this movie.”

Some Greendale High School have seen the new horror movie and really liked it.

“I think the movie will keep doing good because there is a lot of curveballs that get thrown to the viewers throughout the movie that keep them intrigued freshman Nick Churchill said. “My favorite part of the movie was the ending.”  

Churchill wasn’t the only one to enjoy the ending of the movie. Another GHS student enjoyed the end to the movie as well.

“I thought that the ending to the movie was pretty good. After they revealed who the actual killer was, I was very surprised. It wasn’t what I expected,” sophomore Owen Schenzel said. “I enjoyed most of the movie. Most of it was pretty suspenseful and never really let you relax that often. The movie also had humor in it too, which I find important so that it’s not too much of one type. As in, it wasn’t just thriller.”

Even with the great ending, the significant plot twists and curveballs throughout the movie is what kept the viewers interested and engaged.

Junior Natalie Norton explains why she thought the plot twists were the best part of the movie.

“I thought the movie was pretty exciting since it contained not just one, but multiple significant plot twists,” Norton said. “At times it was a little repetitive, but I think that was needed in order to build up tension and suspense more towards the end. I thought the plot was excellent for a horror movie. There was a romantic interest, parental relation, self-discovery, and murder mystery plot all put into one pretty eventful movie.”

With what these GHS students had to say about the movie, it’s obvious that this film is off to a great start and should continue to do well because of the fantastic reviews. The film seems to be doing well because of the fantastic plot twists throughout the middle of the movie, and the curveball ending that tricked viewers.