December is Full of New Hip Hop

December is Full of New Hip Hop

Will Brust, Staff Writer

December 2017 is a month full of new albums by popular music artists as well as many new singles. Notable rappers that have or will be dropping albums this month are Big Sean, who dropped an album last week, Eminem, who drops an album on Friday and other rappers G Eazy and Lil Wayne will drop albums later this month.

There are a ton more albums dropping from various other artists this month, so it’s not hard to understand why some Greendale High School students are excited.

Senior Jack Ehemann is most excited about the new album Quality Control and is excited for the Lil Wayne album dropping later this month.

“The quality control album that dropped this month is pretty fire,” Ehemann said. “It has lots of features like Migos, Tee Grizzley, Young Thug, and Kodak Black. I’m looking forward to the Lil Wayne album because he used to be one of my favorite artists and I’m looking forward to see what he drops.”

The new Quality Control: Control the Streets album has 30 songs, each song has one or two artists featured in the song and each artist featured is a very popular artist, which students are excited about.

The CEO of the Quality Control label Pierre Thomas has more details to share about the album.

“There’s some more artists we could’ve signed,” Thomas said in an article on PitchFork.com. “But we’re going to try to build up something even better for the long run.”

With tons of hype going around the Quality Control album, freshman Osvaldo Saavedra likes the new Big Sean album, Double or Nothing.

“I like all of Big Sean’s albums,” Saavedra said. “The way he makes his music is different from other artists. He likes to share his inner thoughts and put them in his music which is interesting.”

It’s no doubt that Quality Control: Control The Streets and Double or Nothing have stole the show as far as music so far in December. However, Lil Wayne, G Eazy, and Eminem are still yet to drop their albums. Those three artists are among elite and there’s no doubt they will create tons of excitement for fans when they drop their albums.