The Hottest Christmas Gifts Stack Up Under the Tree

Evan Xiong, Editor in Chief

When the holiday season rolls around every year, there are always a wide variety of gifts that people want for Christmas. Whether it may be technology, games, music, or clothing, there’s always something that everybody wants.

With the PS5 and the Xbox Series X and S being released back in November, it was bound to be on quite a few Christmas lists. With all of the new features and the wide variety games available with the PS5 and the Xbox Series X, it’s no wonder it’s on so many lists this year. “I want the PS5 because it’s superior to the PS4 and my PS4 is really old and dysfunctioning. So, instead of wasting money and getting another PS4, I would like to upgrade to the PS5 because of all the new games and features,” freshman Tyler Filleti said

Aside from people that play on consoles such as the PS4 and the Xbox, many people play on PC’s. When playing on a PC, you need a lot of equipment, things such as mice and keyboards. Every once and a while it’s nice to get new peripherals for your setup. 

So it’s no mystery as to why so many people have new peripherals on their lists. “I want the GK61 mechanical keyboard. It’s a 60 percent keyboard, meaning it doesn’t have the number pad on the side and the function keys. I want it because I don’t have much desk space so every time i move my mouse it hits my keyboard. Getting this keyboard would save me a lot of space,” freshman Daniel Jang said.

Without a doubt, one of the most important pieces of technology in today’s society are phones. Almost everyone in high school has a phone, and while they may have a phone, it’s not always the latest model. Undoubtedly one of the most popular phone brands, Apple, are always coming out with new models of phones, and it makes it hard to keep up with the latest one. 

“I am planning to get the iPhone 12 Pro Max because it is a high quality phone with a good camera, and it will be able to last me several years. I usually go with the nicest model and hold on to it for 3 to 4 years. I can also get a good deal on it with a trade in and pay less money, senior Sam Norton said.

With the rise in popularity with wireless headphones and earbuds, it’s no wonder they’re on so many lists this year. The ability to listen to high quality audio without being held back by wires, makes wireless headphones and earbuds so admired. “I want the Cowin E7MR Active Noise Cancelling Over-Ear Headphones with Microphone. I am hoping for the Cowin headphones because I have seen that it performs very well overall, and I need a new pair of headphones as the ones I have currently are reaching their final days,” junior Isaac Kling said.

As a kid, whenever you got clothes on Christmas day, you never seemed to really appreciate it as much as you should have. As you grow up and find a bigger appreciation for clothes, you realize how much you  enjoy getting clothes for Christmas and so oftentimes clothes are on the top of a teen’s wish list. “I usually prefer sport crewnecks and sweatshirts. I love supporting my favorite teams, and I believe it’s a fun way to embrace your love for that team or sport by wearing it,” sophomore Olivia Riester said.

Christmas is always a time of happiness and joy. The feeling of opening a gift will always be one that never gets old, no matter how old you are. People always have a variety of gifts that they want for Christmas and it’s always nice to be able to see what people are interested in.