The Newest FPS Game, Call Of Duty: Cold War, Crushes the Competition

With the release of the new Call of Duty, Greendale students wing in on their opinions of the game.

Evan Xiong, Editor in Chief

When it comes to people and video games, everyone has differing interests and opinions on what games they like. For some it may be horror games, role playing games, or fighting games. Throughout all of these genres of games, first person shooters, also known as FPS games, are undoubtedly the most popular of them all. One of the most recent FPS games to be released is Call of Duty: Cold War.

Released on the Xbox One, PS4, Xbox Series X and S, and the PS5, Call Of Duty: Cold War is the next game in line in the Call Of Duty franchise. At the price of $60, there is a lot of content packed within this game. 

The three main features of the game are multiplayer, campaign, and zombies. “At the price that it is at right now, I think that Call Of Duty: Cold War is well worth the money. You get so much content in just one game and for $60, I don’t think it gets better than that,” senior Joe Toetz said

The Campaign is typically the first thing that players complete when first playing the game. The campaign is the story mode for any shooter game. What it does is puts the player in a first person point of view situations. In this mode they play throughout the events of the game and in the end defeat some kind of boss. “

Since we get a new campaign every game, I think that it’s always best to play the campaign first. The amount of action and backstory that you get when you play the campaign really does give you a better understanding of the game,” junior Jaden Pedrero said.

Another popular game mode in the Call Of Duty franchise is the zombies game mode. In this game mode, you fight off multiple hoards of zombies until they over run you and kill you. In order to stay alive, you and your teammates must work together to craft strong weapons and defeat all of the zombies. With the options to play on all sorts of maps that take place in different parts of the world in different time lines, it’s no wonder that zombies are a fan favorite. 

“Call Of Duty zombies are so much fun when you’re playing with friends that you know. The whole process of upgrading guns and getting through the mass hordes of zombies is so much fun,” senior Evan Taft said 

Lastly, undoubtedly the most popular of the 3 game modes is multiplayer. Multiplay is jam packed with multiple options on how to play. A few of these options include online multiplayer and local multiplayer. As said in the title, online multiplayer is where you interact with other players from around the world and compete against each other in multiple game options. 

Some of these options are team deathmatch, search and destroy and domination. In local multiplayer, if you have a friend over at your house and you have 2 controllers, you and your friend can compete against each other in the different game options stated above. “I really like domination because it’s a back and forth game and it lasts a long time, so I’m able to get more kills,” senior Connor Kramp said.

Now that winter break is here, many students hope to try out the new game and get more hours on it if they already own it.