Bucks makes trades to improve team

Bucks makes trades to improve team

Caden Sanchez, Staff Writer

The NBA season is starting to wind down and the Milwaukee Bucks have made moves before the trade deadline. The Bucks traded D.J. Augustin and D.J. Wilson for Power Forward P.J. Tucker and they signed point guard Jeff Teague. They were also able to extend point guard Jrue Holiday for $160 million for four years. 

Freshman Collin Kramp thinks that Teague was a great pickup for the Bucks, “Jeff Teague brings experience and really good three point shooting of 45 percent on the year,” he said. “If he keeps that up he will be a big part of our playoff run. Also considering, we picked him up as a roster fill spot. He fits our needs really well of three point shooting and being able to control the offense when Jrue Holiday is on the bench.” 

Kramp thinks that the team can be successful once the playoffs come around. “I think the Bucks will end up as a two seed and end up playing the Charlotte Hornets the seven seed. I think if we play our game and stay healthy we have a real shot at a championship this year,” he said. 

Freshman Cody Sanchez said that he is happy about extending Holliday’s contract. “I think it was smart to spend the money on Jrue Holiday because we traded a lot to get him and he is a big part of our plans to win a championship,” he said. 

Sanchez also thinks that P.J. Tucker was a great player to trade for.  “P.J Tucker will bring tough defense and help the Bucks by shooting the corner three,” he said. 

Giannis Antetokounmpo has a left knee sprain and he was out for six games and the team went 3-3 in his absence. Junior Michael Lemke feels that the Bucks will be okay, despite Giannis’ nagging injury. “I was there when he got injured, it was really intense so I was worried but more focused on the game in hand. I didn’t think it was that serious,” he said. 

Right now the Bucks are currently sitting in the number three spot behind the 76ers and the Nets.The Bucks are four games back from first and two and a half from second. 

Lemke explains what he thinks will be the best matchups and the worst matchups for the Bucks. “First, I wouldn’t want them to play the Celtics. I’d rather play the Knicks or Hawks. I’d rather play the 76ers instead of the Nets,” he said. 

Fans hope that the Bucks can get better and stronger with their new players on the team as they march toward the playoffs.