Rolling Loud Returns

Nikola Mastilovic, Staff Writer

The biggest, hottest, and sexiest music festival in the United States is returning to Miami, Florida on July 23-25 at the Hard Rock Stadium (home of the Miami Dolphins). 

This is the first large music festival since the COVID-19 Pandemic, and many people are looking forward to the opportunity to be able to experience a live concert in person. Although Rolling Loud is in Miami this year, and most definitely won’t be cheap with all the necessities such as  plane tickets, hotel, concert ticket, food, and drink,  the lineup may be worth the money after all.

With stars such as Lil Baby, Polo G, Travis Scott, and Post Malone just to name a few,  some fans are ready and willing to spend the money to see their favorite artists perform. 

Freshman German Lechuga would love to go to this concert. “Many people look forward to this festival because it has all the best artists and it is a place where you can meet many new people. The artist that I would be the most interested in seeing is Megan Thee Stallion because she’s hot,” he said. 

The first Rolling Loud occurred in 2015 and was headlined by Schoolboy Q and Travis Scott and was only held for one night and had a total of 6,000 people in attendance. In 2016 the festival was expanded to have 15,000 people in attendance. However in 2017, Rolling Loud finally blew up big time, with an attendance of 60,000 people moving to California and to a 2 day festival not just one night. 

The festival has been on a steady rise in popularity and 2021 is expected to have the biggest crowd yet. Senior Joe Toetz is one of the many students who is hoping to get the chance to attend this year, although the venue is sure to be packed.  “The way Rolling Loud has grown and expanded has been super impressive over the years, and I’m hoping to get the chance to attend this year,” Toetz said.