Students and staff get vaccinated

Evan Xiong, Editor in Chief

Ever since COVID has begun, the thought of having a vaccine has been on people’s minds for a while now. It wasn’t until March when the COVID vaccine was finally distributed to the general public.. Now students over the age of 16 are eligible to receive the COVID 19 vaccine and soon kids 12-15 will be able to get it. Giving people immunity to the virus, it leaves people thinking, what can they do now that they have the vaccine?

With the vaccine in the picture now, many people are hoping that  school goes back to somewhat normal this upcoming year. This would mean no more wearing masks and people can have freedom once again in school. “I am definitely looking forward to not having to wear a mask everywhere I go. It is a nuisance to have to wear a mask everywhere I go, and I’m hoping that the vaccine can change that,” junior Zach Sheridan said.

Most students feel that the vaccine gives them much more freedom and opportunities. t gives the virtual students a lot more comfort to know that they are a lot more safe and less likely to get COVID. “With our family being fully vaccinated by summer, I am looking forward to finally being able to go to restaurants, vacation with family and friends, and other public places,” junior Alanna Swenski said. “My parents have been quite strict with COVID, and they haven’t let us go to a sit down restaurant since last March. Hopefully that’ll change with the vaccine in play for this summer.” 

Although students benefit a lot from the vaccine, teachers are also benefiting from the vaccine. Teachers feel more comfortable coming to school knowing that they have the vaccine because for some it was scary to know that they had to teach 20 plus students in a small room with the only protection being their mask.. “I feel really good being back at school. It has been nice to be around everyone in classes again. I was excited to come back and now being vaccinated has made that even easier,” math teacher Amanda Hauser said.

Now that many students and teachers will be vaccinated by the end of the school year, they hope the community will remain a safe domain, and that they can have a summer with no boundaries.