Aaron Rodgers: is he leaving or not?

Aaron Rodgers: is he leaving or not?

Caden Sanchez, Staff Writer

Even though it is not football season, Packers QB Aaron Rodgers has been the big talk around the NFL lately. It is rumored Rodgers does not want to play for the Green Bay Packers anymore due to their lack of willingness to restructure his contract and their draft pick of Jordan Love last year. 

Freshman John Pankowski said that he does not think the Packers will get rid of Rodgers yet. “The Packers would not trade Rogers until at least mid season because they need him to stay a competitive team, but if they want to keep him they have to trade for Julio Jones,” he said.

Senior Zach Jahnz thinks that the Green Bay Packers will get a lot worse if Rodgers leaves. “I feel Aaron leaving would greatly harm the leadership of the team and I feel once contracts are up everyone would leave, but again I don’t see him leaving,” he said. 

However he feels that fans need to give Jordan Love a chance.  “I don’t know how Jordan plays but I wouldn’t judge him before he gets a chance to prove himself,” he said. 

Many fans were hoping that Rodgers would bring some clarity to this situation when he was on ESPN Sportscenter last Monday with Kenny Mayne, however he didn’t really clear anything up. He did say that he loves the team and the coaches. 

“With my situation, look, it’s never been about the draft pick, picking Jordan [Love],” the reigning NFL MVP said. “I love Jordan, he’s a great kid. A lot of fun to work together. I love the coaching staff, love my teammates, love the fan base in Green Bay. It’s been an incredible 16 years” he said. 

But the thing most people feel has Rogers wanting to leave is the front office. Rodgers noted that he “doesn’t like anyone in the front office,” on May 1. 

The Packers had optional practice last week and Rodgers didn’t show up which some felt was a sign that he wasn’t going to return. Senior Glen Rogers thinks this might be the case. “I mean it’s a pretty big deal. But to be honest I am so over all this Aaron Rodgers drama,” he said.