New Dunks, in Fashion or Not?

Victor Cruz, Staff Writer

Now that fall is here, that means new shoes will be released in time for the holidays, and one of the most anticipated is the Nike Dunks. 

Most people think this is a very nice looking pair of shoes and are wondering when the next pair is coming out and how they can get them for cheaper than usual. The answer is they will be available on Oct. 15. They will be released on the Nike SNKRS app for $160. 

The SNKRS app is one of the best places to buy new shoes, and there are other apps as well. Some students, like senior Ethan Lawson, use the Adidas app. “Retailers like Nike and Adidas are where I buy my shoes–manually or with a bot,” Lawson said.

A bot is a way you can hack into the website to give you a better chance to get the shoes rather than buying it yourself. These apps allow people to buy shoes for cheaper than they could get anywhere else. This is called a Retail price. This is the price of the shoes when it first releases. 

If the sneaker re-releases on the app but in a different color, it will be for retail price. The higher the retail price of the shoe, the higher chance the shoe is expensive shoe because resellers like to make a profit when they sell the shoe. This allows them to make more money when they sell the shoes. 

The retail price for most Nike Dunks is set at $120 so these shoes are $30 more than the average retail price of shoes. If you’re going to spend this much on shoes, you should know if these shoes are in fashion. 

“These shoes are definitely in fashion, just not this colorway” junior Jacob Sellahausen said. 

So if you want these shoes you should try and get yourself a pair of dunks for retail price on the SNRKS app, but you’re better off waiting for another color to come out soon, that way you can have a pair of shoes a lot of people like.