Holiday music bring cheer during December

Gabe Torres, Staff Writer

It’s the beginning of the holiday season and that calls for the Christmas spirit and the best way to get into the Christmas spirit is with Christmas songs.

Oncethe calendar turns to December, radios and many other people decide to listen to Christmas music. “ I usually listen to it when the holidays are coming around because that’s when it’s more common to listen to it,” senior Petra Reskovic said.

Reskovic has a favorite song to listen to during the Christmas season. “‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ by Mariah Carey is my favorite because it makes me happy and energetic,” she said.  

Senior Olivia Bauer also said her favorite Christmas music artist is Mariah Carey. She says she loves when Christmas songs start to play on the radio. “When I think of Christmas music it makes me think of my family because it is a very special holiday for us,” she said.

Christmas is all about giving and students have suggestions of songs to listen to during the winter holidays. “A really good Christmas song to listen to is ‘Winter Wonderland’ by Bryson Tiller,” junior Jacob Sellhousen said. 

Junior Riley Guenther  suggested a different song. “‘It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas’ is great because it’s a classic.”