Best and worst music albums released in 2022

Bridget Laskowski, Staff Writer

After two years, a music revival took place in 2022. Many musicians ultimately released long-delayed, much awaited, sonically experimental albums that partially lived up to their expectations while the music business has started to emerge from its epidemic fog. 

To attempt to round them off to a single number would be impossible, however, here are some of the finest and worst albums of 2022, chosen and ranked by GHS students.

“I think the best album this last year was probably Future’s album, I Never Liked You, because the toxicity in that album was actually insane,” senior Javon Murry stated. 

“The worst album would have to be the Logic album because I didn’t even know he dropped an album. To me he’s really irrelevant now,” Murry said. 

Junior Evan Pulda shares his hot take on an album that he personally wasn’t interested in. “Kendrick Lamar’s album, Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers was way overrated. I listened to it all the way through, and it was lowkey booty,” Pulda stated. 

He then discussed an album he enjoyed. “The best album was definitely Heroes and Villains by Metro Boomin because the production on it was fire and he had a lot of good features on it. 21 Savage slapped, and so did Gunna,” Pulda stated.  

Senior Lucca Rupnick shares the hot take with Pulda. “I didn’t like the Kenrick Lamar album, Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers because it was underwhelming,” Rupnick stated. 

Rupnick says his favorite album drop of 2022 is Its Almost Dry by Pusha T, “because it had good features and it was fire.”

Senior EJ Kuster explained that his favorite album drop of 2022 was Heroes and Villains by Metro Boomin, “I really liked the soundtrack and there wasn’t a song that I didn’t like; I hated the Harry Styles album, Harry’s House, because I hate Harry Styles,” he said. 

“The best albums were SOS by Sza and Midnights by Taylor Swift,” senior Anita Walker stated. 

In 2022, music provided us with experiences in a variety of ways. Powerful albums could be described as being immersive, ambitious, focused, vast, explosive, or swerving: Summary vibes that will last through the winter. Inventive depths without end.