Student Spotlight: Natasa Pupovac

German Lechuga, Staff Writer

Star tennis player senior Natasa Pupovac shines off and on the court. While there have been many great tennis players at Greendale High School, there is no one quite like Pupovac.

Pupovac and her doubles partner, junior Katarina Zrnic, advanced to state and placed fifth. “I’ve won titles at every level tournament (conference, sectionals, state), so I would say my high school tennis career was pretty successful. Playing against so many different types of players also taught me to be a more versatile and patient player/person,”she said.

Pupovac is now committed to play tennis at Carroll University and study Biology. “I chose Carroll because they put a lot of resources into their bio program which is good since I’m a bio major. I also really like the values of the school and tennis team,” she said. 

In the classroom Pupovac’s favorite class is Spanish. “I love language arts and learning how different languages work, ”Being my third language,” she said. “I also think it’s really cool to compare the similarities between different languages and grammars.”
Her favorite teacher is Sra. Tamara Linares. “She’s so nice and it’s clear that she always tries her best to make class fun and help her students succeed,” she said.

Outside of tennis and school, Pupovac enjoys riding her bike, working out, hanging out with friends and family, and reading. 

She was also in Serbian dance for 12 years. “I loved hanging out with my Serbian friends that I didn’t get to see throughout the week,” she said ”My favorite part was when we’d spend weekends together on different trips across the country. It also helped me learn a lot about my culture and history in a fun way. The only reason I stopped is because all my friends did.”

Pupovac has many great memories from high school, but she stated that her favorite memory was football games, “This year’s football game against South Milwaukee is one of my favorite memories. It was one of the most fun football games because the theme was USA so everyone went all out,” she said. “The student section had so much fun dancing to music during timeouts/ halftime, doing fun new chants, and just cheering on our team. We also got on the news for being the “fans of the week” which was super cool”