Waiting For Wallen: Morgan Wallen’s Upcoming Album Drops March 3

Jessie Wang, Editor-in-Chief

Morgan Wallen, the country artist capturing the hearts and ears of millions, will be dropping his new album One Thing At A Time on March 3. His 36-song announcement has left many of his die hard fans in awe and excitement. 

Even Wallen himself is eager, already giving fans a sneak peak by releasing three of those brand new songs. On Jan. 31, he uploaded ‘3 Songs At A Time Sampler,’ with ‘Last Night,’ ‘Everything I Love,’ and ‘I Wrote The Book.’ 

Wallen has charmed current and new fans with his previous albums, Dangerous: The Double Album and If I Know Me, but can he do just the same or more this spring? Students and teachers at Greendale High School expect nothing less from him, elated by the one-of-a-kind country artist. 

Although some songs on the album have been previously released, such as ‘You Proof,’ ‘Tennesse Fan,’ ‘Thought You Should Know,’ ‘Days That End In Why,’ and even the title track ‘One Thing At A Time,’ students still have similar optimistic opinions. 

Senior Marisa Ruiz has a hard time picking her favorite song. “I love them all but my favorite song that has been released is ‘Days That End In Why.’ I absolutely love the meaning behind it and it’s catchy,” she said.

Teachers love Wallen just the same. Guidance counselor Christopher Muench is a big fan of Wallen. “Has a lot of really good songs, but would have to go with Sand in my Boots,” he said. 

Theatre director and speech teacher Jeff Schaetzke has a different favorite. “[I like] “Good Storytelling” and “From the heart”,” he said. 

In time with his new album, Wallen will be going on his ‘One Thing At A Time’ world tour. The country star will be performing at Milwaukee’s American Family Field on April 15. Fans here at GHS will be in attendance. “I’m most looking forward to it because I love seeing artists live, and Morgan Wallen has a really good voice,” junior Kennedy Kapocius said.

Wallen’s success has created both long-time and new country listeners to fall for his music. From his catchy tunes to his lyrical intentions, it’s almost inevitable. With both the anticipated album and tour he surely has left fans on the edge of their seats.