E.L.F Halo Glo leaves you Glowig on a Budget

Ashley Turdo, Staff Writer

There are lots of beauty products on the market that claim to be the best, but the new e.l.f product, Halo Glo liquid filter, which came out in the summer of 2022, has grown in popularity quickly. The Halo Glo claims to enhance your skin and add a glow, but it can be used as a tinted moisturizer, foundation, concealer, or a highlight on top of all makeup. 

E.l.f products are considered the Charlotte Tilbury dupe, meaning that they are good products but aren’t as expensive as the name brands including Charlotte Tilbury flawless filter. Senior Marisa Ruiz bought two right away. “I heard it was a flawless filter dupe,” she said. “I have two, one that matches my skin and one is darker for contour. I use the darker one every day,” she said. 

The Halo Glo liquid filter costs $14 at all stores, and can be found in the e.l.f section near moisturizers. 

When I first saw the E.L.F product I asked my friends what it was, and they explained to me that it can be used for multiple purposes. I then started to see the product on my For You page on Tiktok. 

A month later I caved in and bought the product at Target. When I first opened the product I was really confused and didn’t know if it was a foundation, concealer, or tinted moisturizer. Since then I have used it as a foundation when I am looking to do an everyday/natural makeup look. Sophomore Gabi Trauberman also uses it in multiple ways. “I use it almost every day as either a primer, foundation, or a highlighter,” she said. 

Sophomore Tess Zaja hasn’t gotten the product yet, but plans too soon. “I will probably end up getting it because it is very cheap and everyone who I know has it, loves it,” she said. 

I couldn’t find anyone who didn’t like the e.l.f product; everyone loves it. “I absolutely love this product even though I don’t use it every day, usually once a week when I feel like wearing makeup,” senior Bailee Johnson said. 

I would definitely recommend this product for people who like a light weight, natural, flawless filter look. Whenever I wear makeup at school, the Halo Glo is my go to base for making me look alive.