Taylor Swift is coming to a city near you

Jesse Wang, Staff Writer

Taylor Swift — superstar, pop sensation, and lyrical genius — will be performing in Chicago on June 3-5. Having released her ‘Midnights’ album in late October, Swift announced ‘The Eras Tour’ shortly after. To put it simply, the Swifties went crazy. Having taken a long four year break from touring coupled by a rise in listeners, it’s no surprise millions were eager to get their hands on a ticket. 

For some, anticipation turned into grudge. With the mass number of fans, buyers waited hours to even purchase a ticket. Problems occurred when the pre-sale website crashed, resulting in users to move further back in the queue. Some Greendale High School students were victims to the ticket-buying process. “It was terrible the website kept crashing and when I tried to call ticketmaster I was scammed,” junior Nikolina Gallo said.

Others were lucky enough to buy a ticket. “The ticket process was wild and I will admit I had the Ticketmaster queue open on my computer all day at work. Somehow I made it home and kept my spot in line, because around 5pm (7 hours into the wait) I was able to buy tickets,” guidance counselor Amy Nuzzarello said.

The controversy around the tickets have even taken a larger effect as some students have stopped listening to the long-beloved music artist. “I was really mad that I didn’t get tickets. I haven’t listened to her since out of subconscious anger, even though I know it’s not her fault,” junior Adriana Kelly said.

As for those who were more fortunate, many wonder what songs they’ll hear live. Fans at GHS are excited to hear what the setlist will include. “I’m really excited to hear her old albums like 1989, Red, & Fearless!” junior Ayanna Lapointe said.

No matter the problems that have arisen, Swift has accomplished being able to fufill the expectations of her fans, especially in concert. “I saw Taylor’s Speak Now Tour in August of 2011 with my best friend Mary at the Allstate Arena in Chicago. We had total nosebleed seats, but it was still incredible. I most vividly remember all of the theatrics that went into the song “Speak Now,” Nuzzarello said

It’s a guarantee that Swift will surprise and create long-lasting memories for concert goers in these upcoming months. “I think people love her so much not only because she can do so many genres of music but also because her lyrics are honestly so amazing and relatable,” senior Madelyn Schepp said.