Students Enjoy “Cocaine Bear”

Ahmad Qasam, Staff Writer

The highly anticipated movie Cocaine Bear was released Feb. 24 and many students were excited to see it. 

According to the imdb.com, the film is “Inspired by the 1985 true story of a drug runner’s plane crash, missing cocaine, and the black bear that ate it. This wild thriller finds an oddball group of cops, criminals, tourists and teens converging in a Georgia forest where a 500-pound apex predator has ingested a staggering amount of cocaine and gone on a coke-fueled rampage for more blow… and blood.”

Many people had positive reviews on the movie. Freshman Brayden Dolkiewicz watched the movie and liked it. “It had me interested the whole time and I couldn’t stop laughing,” he said.

While some big name movies end up being busts, this movie was liked by a lot of people. “Cocaine Bear was one of the best movies me and my friends have ever seen. It’sone I’ll never forget because we could not stop laughing,” freshman Joslyn Droucher said.

The movie stars veteran actress Keri Russell, and the late Ray Liotta. It made $23 million in ticket sales in the first  week. 

While most students liked it, a few thought it could’ve been better. “I had mixed feelings about the movie. If I had to give it a rating out of 10 It would be a 6. It wasn’t good, but it wasn’t bad,” freshman Jack Griffin said.