Clash Of Clans, resurrected

Evan Xiong, Editor in Chief

Widely considered to be the most successful mobile game of all time, Clash Of Clans has recently made a comeback amongst teens. After losing its player base over the past couple of years, Clash Of Clans has made an unexpected return to many phones at GHS. 

The game has made a lot of ground breaking changes over the years that have gotten different responses from the community. One of the biggest changes that the game has made was the introduction of the Electro Dragon which shifted high level attacking strategies. “I don’t like how long it takes to upgrade things once your town hall is high level. Upgrades take over four days to upgrade and it gets really boring,” senior Henry Evans said. “One change that they’ve made that I do like is that they made troops free to train. Previously, it cost elixir to train troops but now they made it free.”

One of the biggest parts of the game is being able to be in a clan with your friends. When in a clan, you can participate in clan wars which puts you up against another clan to fight against. You fight and strategize with your teammates to try to get more war stars than the other clan. “I like having friends in school in the same clan as me and me being able to help them get better at the game is really fun,” junior Ryan Bilan said. “I like leveling up my base and getting better at my attacks and strategies.”

Not only is Clash Of Clans making a comeback at GHS, but in other schools around the country as well. With many videos on Tiktok about Clash Of Clans making a comeback, the game is gaining even more traction. “I see a lot of Tik Toks about clash of clans and how it’s making a comeback,” senior Cason Wilson said. “It’s been an ongoing meme for students to present clash of clans at school and it’s pretty funny.”

Clash of clans has consistently been on the top of the charts and has owned the mobile gaming competition for the longest time. With the game making a recent comeback and the developers constantly adding new features, the longevity of the game is going to be in the hands of the player base.