Jake gets handed his first L

Alex Klaus, Staff Writer

After four months Youtuber Jake Paul got into the ring again, this time fighting Tommy Fury on Feb. 26. It went to eight rounds and Fury won in a split decision.

Fury won the first two rounds with a couple of hard hitting shots against Paul. Then Paul won the third round 10-9. In the next few rounds Fury was dominant controlling the fight, and then in the eighth round Fury fell. Some might say he slipped, whilst others say he got knocked down, which gave Paul the win in that round 10-8.

Junior Luke Trentadue watched the fight with his friends, some of them, who wanted Paul to win and others who wanted Fury to win. Paul is Trentadue’s favorite fighter. “Jake Paul is a future goat. I got mad when Jake lost and Tommy Fury is a ‘mid’ fighter,” he said.

Senior Cason Wilson also watched the fight with his friends and wanted Fury to win. He thinks that this fight was not the best because there were no knockouts or knockdowns, but he liked watching it because Paul lost. “It was sensational because Jake Paul finally got humbled,” he said.

Freshman Charlie Sheridan saw the fight with a bunch of his friends and wanted Paul to lose. After watching the fight and seeing how Fury dominated the fight he doesn’t want to there to be a rematch. “The fights leading up the main card were a bunch of nobodies and Sheridan thought of them as ‘alright’,” he said.

After this recent Paul fight he is looking to either rematch Fury or fight KSI, another well known internet celebrity who also has fought some other celebrities.