2023 NFL Free Agency Begins

Collin Kramp, Staff Writer

The 2023 NFL free agency period saw a flurry of activity as teams looked to improve their rosters for the upcoming season. The biggest names on the market included quarterbacks, wide receivers, and defensive players, and there were several surprise signings that left fans and analysts buzzing.

Some of the biggest signings included QB Derek Carr who signed with the New Orleans Saints for four years $150 million. Some other major offensive signings included RB Saqoun Barkley and QB Lamar Jackson, both being signed back to their previous teams. 

Some key defensive players who signed with new teams were safety Chauncy Gardner Johnson who signed with the Detroit Lions making them an elite defense in the NFC North, and also another NFC north team improving was the Chicago Bears  who signed linebacker Tremaine Edmunds, a linebacker going to be a key part of a young defense.

“The biggest free agency  signing was Saquon Barkley. Bringing back a key piece to an up and coming team is a very good move, and also them bringing back  what could be franchise QB, “ junior Raygun Uremovich said. 

Overall, the 2023 NFL free agency period was one of the most exciting in recent memory. With several big-name players changing teams and surprise signings galore, it was clear that every team was looking to make a statement and improve their chances of winning. 

Only time will tell which moves will pay off, but one thing is certain, the 2023 NFL season promises to be an exciting one. “I think an exciting signing will be Odell Becham Jr who I think will sign with the Kansas CIty Chiefs, as they lost Juju and will need to fill his spot as they look to repeat as super bowl champs,” freshmen Charlie Sheirden said. 

The Packers have not made any moves but there is a lot of speculation on who they might acquire. A position spot they need to fill would be the WR spot, but with not many free agents on the market anymore it will be very hard for them to find a right fit.