Greendale Baseball Getting Ready for the Spring Season

James Napierala, Staff Writer

The Greendale Panthers Varsity Baseball team recently had tryouts to put together another successful team and season. 

Last season, the team won conference and was 17-8 in the regular season, and 9-2 in Conference. The team plays in the Woodland Conference with great teams like Pewaukee, Wisconsin Luthern, and New Berlin Eisenhower. 

“This conference has a great skill level and I can’t wait for this season to start back up,” sophomore Luke Mattes said. 

The team went to the state semifinal, where they lost to Milton 8-2. “The game was pretty tough. Milton is a very good team and that game just wasn’t our best,” Mattes said.

The team has lost strong players like 2022 graduate Tristan Ellis, Will Vaile, Keegan Norton, and Andy Justus. Ellis, Norton, and Justus, all went on to play at high level schools to pursue baseball and academics. 

“They were really good players, and they supported me a ton when I was a freshman,” sophomore Solo Acosta said.

This year, captains Jack Bauer and Ej Kuster are leading the team.. The players have just finished tryouts and Varsity’s first game is March 30 against Menomonee Falls, and then Racine Horlick, at the Rock. “I think we will do pretty well this season. We have some new players who will definitely make a difference,” Bauer said.