NBA Finals Are All Set

NBA Finals Are All Set

Jack Bauer, Staff Writer

The NBA finals are all set. It will be the Miami Heat vs the Denver Nuggets, the greatest playoff performer of all time Jimmy Butler of the Heat against the Nuggets 2 time MVP Nikola Jokic. With game one scheduled for Thursday in Denver. 

In the Western Conference Finals the Nuggets swept Lebron James and the Lakers, highlighted by the 3 triple doubles by Jokic. Even in his 40 point effort in game 4 James could not take a game from the Nuggets. 

In the Eastern Conference Finals fans thought they were going to get another sweep but Jayson Tatum and the Celtics had other plans, erasing the Heat’s 3-0 lead to 7 games. 

Jimmy Butler and the Heat role players stepped up big, especially Caleb Martin who averaged 19 points a game in the Eastern Conference Finals. 

“I think that the nuggets are the best team in basketball and with Nikola Jokic playing out of his mind they are my favorite to win,” Landon Lopez says. 

With the finals set in Denver we will have to see how this series pans out but the Nuggets are favored to take home the Larry O’Brien trophy but viewers will have to see what magic Butler can pull to take home a championship for the Heat. 

“I want to see the Heat win as an eight seed. With Jimmy Butler being such a stelar playoff performer I am excited to see what he has for the finals,” sophomore Luke Mattes said.