Pioneer Outlook

Greendale High School News

Pioneer Outlook

Pioneer Outlook

Final Exams are Approaching as Semester One Ends

Final exams are coming up quickly as students are reaching the end of the semester and starting to prepare or finish up projects for their exams. One thing that students do while preparing for exams is to look over material the week before exams. 

Senior Caiya Fuentes  has been going over notes and waiting for the teacher to go over what topics will be on the exam. Her best advice to freshmen would be, “Actually use the review your teacher gives you. It literally provides a guideline of what will be on the exam and tells you what you need to remember and what you don’t need to worry about.” 

In some classes teachers are nice enough to be offering an exam note sheet or note card. “My hardest exam will be math and I will be preparing by making an exam note sheet,” junior Billie Reiter said, 

Asking teachers for help can do a lot before the week of the exam as well. “My best advice for students is “study small amounts over time and do not wait till the last minute,” Physics teacher John Kozicke said.

Every year freshmen are introduced to taking exams for the first time so upper classmen have advice for them. “Don’t stress too much about exams; they only account for a small portion of your grade. If you have paid attention this semester in class you will be fine! But still study, so you can feel confident when taking it,” senior Kennnedy Kapocius said. 

“I am preparing for my exams by studying with my friends, making note cards and I am really nervous about my first exams this year,” freshman Elle Bauer said. 

This year exams will be Jan. 17- 19 and  students are mandated to be at the school for each of their exams, which begin each morning  at 7:30.