Pioneer Outlook

Greendale High School News

Pioneer Outlook

Pioneer Outlook

Mean Girls Remake is so fetch!

Mean Girls Remake is so fetch!

The original Mean Girls movie came out in 2004, but the producers have decided to do a remake, which came out in theaters last weekend. Some fans of the original movie think that it may be even better than the original, but others say that the original movie will always be number one. 

The remake is a musical about a homeschooled girl from Africa who returns to the U. S. and faces the challenges of high school. She is trying to understand popularity and attempting to survive, finding friends but somehow ending up with the wrong ones, which is a twist. 

A lot of students are hoping to see the movie soon. “I liked the first Mean Girls because I feel like it really shows how some girls can be in high school and it also was very funny. I do want to go see the Mean Girls remake. My favorite character is Regina George because she is very iconic and is fun to watch because everyone is scared of her,” sophomore Mya Taugher said.  

Sophomore Sophie Latus also wants to see the movie, but she doesn’t think it will be as good as the original.  The first Mean Girls was very good in my opinion and it was very interesting. I think the remake will not be as good compared to the original movie because nothing can beat the first mean girls, but I do still think it will be very good,” she said. “My least favorite character would have to be Gretchen because she annoys me and she just tries to fit in and she’s not really her own person. I would like to go see the remake with my friends because i feel like it will be really funny.” 

Actors Tina Fey and Tim Meadows come back to play the same roles that they played in the original film.  The new remake of the movie is based on the musical and Fey wrote the screenplay. “So, I mean, it was kind of — it’s a real gift to get to go back to something that you wrote and, and reopen it and clean the gums,” said Fey in an article on cbsnews.com. 

Sophomore Joslyn Durocher wants to see the film as well. “I would love to see the remake. I think it will be very cool to see and will have a lot of different points of view,” she said. “My favorite character is Katie because she goes through so many different faces in the movie, and is a fun character to watch. My least favorite character is Gretchen Weiners because she just acts like Regina’s puppy.” 

Due to how well the original film did,  the critics can only imagine how well the second one might do. A lot of the people who saw and liked the first one will be very intrigued by the remake to see how similar and different it is to the first one.