Boys Basketball off to a great start

Isaiah Ramirez, Staff Writer

The Greendale  boys basketball team is off to a great start. They are 4-1 and they are on fire going into their game tonight. 

The leading scores are senior Tommy Fritsch and  sophomore Devin Isaj. There are a lot of new faces on this team in addition to senior starters Fritsch and Grayson Sinks

One of their biggest  wins this season came against East Troy 87-69, but they have a lot to work on and are not slowing down.“I feel the guys need to step up and become leaders because if we lose someone, we need that boost of energy and help to get us motivated on offense and defense,” Sinks said.  

Now that conference play has started, they will face some tough opponents. “Wisconsin Lutheran in my opinion will be the hardest opponent of the season because they have all their players returning and one or two of them are D1 prospects,”  Sinks said.

They just came off a loss against Brown Deer, 59-54. They came into that game thinking that they were going to win, but they lost to a talented Brown Deer squad. “I think we are going to do way better than previous years, but we do have a tough conference. I think our goal is to take it one game at a time and come ready to play,” Fritsch said

The seniors hope that they can lead their teammates far in the playoffs and keep good habits. The younger kids on the team really look up to them and hope they can lead them in the right direction. 

“The seniors are great role models, they don’t let us slack off because this is their last year and they don’t want it to end because of laziness,” Isaj said. 

The team will take on New Berlin Eisenhower tonight at Eisenhower at 7 p.m.