Students have fun at 2023 Prom 

Students have fun at 2023 Prom 

Isaiah Ramirez, Staff Writer

The GHS Prom took place on May 26 at The Italian Community Center and students had a great time.  

Before the dance, some students participated in the Grand March at the high school. During the Grand March students were announced and got their pictures taken and after that the Prom King and Queen were announced.

Students on Prom court consisted of juniors Gabe Torres, Jack Bauer, Collin Kramp, Tyler Filetti, Lucas Labeau, Alin Ademi, Jackson Stewart, Raygun Uremovich, Ayanna Lapointe, Eseballa Kreitlow, Abby Hajewski, Katarina Zrnic, Bailee Anders, Grace Uremovich, Mallory Fritz, Joslyen Dummert, and Kennedy Kapocious

The King was Filetti and the Queen was LaPointe.

“I would say that I really just feel honored that I was chosen to represent our class!! I’m so glad that Tyler won alongside me too,” Lapointe said.

After that students headed down to the Italian Community Center for dinner and dancing.

“We chose the Italian Community Center because it is the only place that could hold a large amount of people. It was a nice price, and we got very lucky,” junior Caiya Fuentes said.

Students were very excited to attend the dance, which  is an important part of the later years in high school because it’s another reason to dress up, take a girl or boy to a dance and talk to people that you’ve never spoken to before. 

“The dance was very fun. The music they played was not as bad as I thought it would be. Although it was very hot there and people were sweating badly,” junior Kiah Wilson said. 

“One thing that I didn’t like about the dance is that when we were all dancing they started to handout desserts so I had to stop dancing to go eat the brownies and Rice krispies,” enior Mallory Skaarr said.

The prom theme was “Dripping in Diamonds.” 

“The theme was chosen by the entire junior class through a google form. Everyone could recommend ideas at first, and then the top 5 got voted on,” Fuentes said. 

There was a contest for students to create a  t-shirt design and the winner would get one free ticket to the dance. There were many  different designs, but the winner was Julia Gnadt

The food was buffet style with classic Italian food such as Pasta , Green Beans, Bread, Potatoes, Salad, and Chicken breast  and special meals for those with dietary restrictions. 

“The food was amazing and I ate everything off my plate and even went back up for seconds. The dessert was my favorite part because the brownies were nice and soft and chocolatey,” junior Adriana Kelly said.

The Student Council worked hard to plan this out and they are very happy with how it turned out. 

“The Dj was the same Dj from Homecoming and I’m pretty sure last year’s prom as well. He was chosen because he worked the best with the school,” Fuentes said.