Pioneer Outlook

Greendale High School News

Pioneer Outlook

Pioneer Outlook

Students Dance for Joy for the 2024 Snoball at GHS

With finals coming up, a long stretch until spring break, and freezing temperatures with no end in sight, students need something to look forward to during this time of year. That’s why the Student Council has planned a winter formal, aka, the ‘Snoball’ taking place on Jan. 27. 

From Jan. 10-16 tickets were available to students in A & B lunch for $15, and Student Council members encourage students to go buy their tickets as soon as possible. Students have been working hard in ACP and after school meetings to prepare for the dance.

“We have been having continuous meetings to prepare and make this a fun and enjoyable winter formal, our events and communications committees have played a very important role in setting this up, but overall everyone in the student council has put in a lot of effort,” junior Student Council member Tess Zaja said.

Student Council is excited to bring the dance back. “Since so many people have always talked about how we weren’t able to have a winter formal anymore, we wanted to bring one back for everyone. We understand that it may not have the same level of interest as homecoming or prom, but we’re hoping for a decent turnout of around 300,” Senior student council president Caiya Fuentes said.

Students are looking forward to it. “I will be going to the Snoball this year,” said junior Kallie LaPointe. “I think it’s a good idea to have something fun in winter, because after winter break it’s kind of boring until spring break, so I like that there’s something for everyone to look forward to!”

Student Council advisor Jeff Schaetzke shares how the idea to do a winter formal was thought out, “It’s a big part of the overall GHS tradition and the students seemed excited about it! And we need a reason to get all fancy in the winter, it’s just fun to have another dance. And because Greendale plays hard and likes to show up for events, it’s just a fun thing to-do  in the winter and have something to look forward to.”

With every member of the Student Council doing their part to successfully plan the dance, things are looking great. Show support to them by purchasing a ticket and attending the 2024 Snoball!