Pioneer Outlook

Greendale High School News

Pioneer Outlook

Pioneer Outlook

Students excited for Talent Show

Students excited for Talent Show

This Friday the GHS talent show will take place in the auditorium for the first time since 2019.. The performances will be primarily musical acts.

Choir teacher Mike Jones organized the event and is excited to bring it back.

“Our last variety show took place in 2019 and the impact of COVID at school had us focusing our efforts elsewhere from then on,” he said.  “I’m glad we’re back though and that students are excited.  Honestly, between the middle and high school experiences in the last three years, most of these students haven’t been able to be a part of a variety show yet.”

The talent show will be done twice, and all class periods, other than third hour, will be around 44 minutes. Half the school will go to the talent show before third hour and the other half will go after third hour, depending on the teacher.

Senior Lucas LaBeau will perform “Golden Hour” on the piano. “I wanted to participate because I don’t think people know that I play piano as well as I do,” he said.

Another act will be senior Giovani Adamavich and two others who will perform the song “Purple Haze.” Adamvich will sing and play his guitar.

“The most nerve-wracking part for me will be the singing aspect. I have been taking vocal lessons for about a year now, but I still sometimes get cold feet,” he said. “There is also the possibility that people won’t like our performance, which is also quite scary, but I believe it will all work out in the end.”